Tuesday, February 12, 2013

No More Wheat

It was pretty hard to get weened off of gluten, even though I did not have a choice. One day we stopped putting bread on our sandwiches entirely. It has been years, I kid you not, years since I last have tasted a slice of bread. Before we went on the G.F. diet my mom made me read a book called Wheat Belly, it was actually pretty interesting and explained why gluten is so bad for you. I would suggest this book to anyone who is struggling to stay healthy.

People around me are quizzical when I tell them I don't eat bread products, and kind of roll there eyes when I try to tell them how bad it is for you. 

When  I got most of the wheat out of my diet I started to feel different.Here are some things that I found odd.

  • I started to crave sugar and bread less
  • I felt sick less often
  • I started wanting more  fruits and vegetables
  • I felt more energetic




No comments:

Post a Comment