Thursday, February 21, 2013

I met an artist!

  

Recently, I was at a local bookstore when I saw these wonderful paintings up for sale. They were so vibrant the painting almost looked like it was glowing. Then I met the artist responsible he was really nice and had a kid of his own. He called himself a "starving artist" which really confused me, what it means is that they need to work a job on top of their artistic career to put food in there mouths for those of you that don't know. 

I liked his artwork so much that when I got back home I dug though my change and got (although just barely) ten dollars in change for a print of one of his paintings. After I emailed him that I wanted one his of copies he was so thrilled he added an extra print just because I thought his art was cool, what a nice guy! What was really cool was he personally delivered the copies to our house. He even gave me a few art tips!

Today, after about two weeks of procrastination and after a lot of nagging to get my mom to hang them up. I finally have the copies in frames on the wall in front of my desk. I am so happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment